With the start of a new year, it always pays off to do an evaluation of your past year for your practice and also to set some goals for the coming year, 2016.
Today you must consider your digital marketing efforts, both for this year that’s coming to an end and also to the new year ahead. The numbers on digital usage by everyone, including your prospects, are staggering. Almost 87% of Americans have internet access.
If you are not taking advantage of the vast digital audience, you’re losing business to your competition. So it’s imperative that you focus on digital marketing strategies if you want to grow your practice and make 2016 more profitable than 2015.
Here are 3 digital marketing goals that will help your grow your practice’s profitability.
- Start to Target Your Digital Marketing for Maximum ROIYes it’s possible to target your digital marketing. In fact, digital is more trackable than any other advertising or marketing medium. Even with old school direct mail, you can’t tell when someone opens the envelope. But with email you do see how many people open your message. So, with digital, you can be really scientific in your analysis.Facebook and other social platforms like Twitter and Instagram offer advertising programs that are very advanced and allow you to target exactly who you want to reach.
Facebook not only let’s you target what people have liked in its platform you can also identify a wide variety of factors like if someone is engaged, what they do for a living and of course the basic male or female, location etc. Facebook has also overlaid some big data type information over their userbase and all of that data is selectable. This makes advertising targeted and effective.
Even if you decide to pursue a content marketing strategy, you can still target your ideal prospect with the right content. In fact we build personas, a semi fictional depiction of your ideal prospect, for all of our clients whether they are implementing paid advertising or content marketing strategies.
This kind of detail paid to the targeting of your audience upfront is a sure way to get your digital marketing efforts off to a great start.
You can also use content to identify where are prospect is in their buyer’s journey. This gives you the ability to identify when your prospects are ready to and most likely to purchase. This results in leads that are much more highly qualified and more likely to convert into customers.
- Turn Your Website Into a 24/7 Lead Generation MachineIs your website set up to move visitors into your sales funnel and turn them into your customers? Are you happy with the number and the quality of leads that you are generating from your website?If you answered no to either or both of those questions, then you have the potential to send your digital lead generation skyrocketing.
When someone comes to your website do they know within 3 seconds how to connect with you? If your goal is to get someone to call the office is your phone number large and easy to see? Is it in a color that contrasts highly with the background of the website?
Is your website focused on communicating the benefits of your services to your ideal prospect? Make sure that you are solving problems for your prospects. When you solve their problems and answer their questions they will be a step closer to becoming your next customer.
You should be using clear and easy to understand calls-to-action to get your prospect to take the next step, whether that next step is to fill out a form, download an ebook, take a quiz, whatever will move them along your buyer’s journey.
By laying out a strategic and well defined buyer’s journey path on your website for your prospects that matches up well with their buyers’ journey will help you be there when they are ready to buy and that will get you a much higher ROI on your digital marketing.
- Focus On Educating Your Prospects, Helping Them and Answering Their QuestionsThe rise in popularity of the internet has changed a lot of the factors of our daily lives. But probably the biggest impact the internet has had is that it has changed how people buy.In the pre-internet days, the seller held all the control. Buyers could only learn about new products from seller controlled advertising and from actual sales people. There were very few ways to research new products.
Now, because everyone carries the internet in their pockets, the buyers have taken control and flipped the buying process on its head. Buyers can now research every purchase very easily, even a cup of coffee or lunch in an unfamiliar town.
Now that buyers have control of the process, they only want to buy when they are ready to buy. Any attempts to “sell them” will be rebuffed by the buyer. That is why it is vital to keep content from being salesy. You must create content that helps, educates and answers your prospects questions.
Creating helpful content does two things:
• It helps build that initial level of trust between you and your prospect. It’s not as powerful as a face to face meeting, but it’s the first step.
• It helps build the perception that you are a thought leader and an expert in your industry.
You also can use different types of content to match up with the various stages of the buyer’s journey. This lets you identify where your prospects are in the buyer’s journey. Then you can be there for them when THEY are ready to buy. This makes the process much more efficient and productive and it gives you a much higher marketing ROI.
So as you start the new year, keep these three digital marketing goals in mind. Working toward them will be your first step to success and send your digital marketing return on investment skyrocketing.