Google’s Webmaster Tools is an important tool for any SEO effort. Google Webmaster Tools helps you see your website the same way that Google sees it. it gives you a look into which pages have been indexed on your site, what links you have are pointing to your site, the keywords people are using to find your site, and much more.
When you use Webmaster Tools your website has a better chance at being fully indexed and ranking well on Google. There are also several advanced insights that can be gleaned from Google Webmaster Tools that can have a major impact on the succes of your search rankings.
If you haven’t set your site up on Google Webmaster Tools yet, getting started is very simple. Go here. Then follow these simple instructions to set up your Goggle Webmaster Tools account.
1) You’ll see a Google Login screen. Make sure you log in with the email address you use to log into Google Analytics.
2) Type your website’s URL in the field at the bottom of the page and click the Add A Site button.
3) Follow the instructions to verify the site.
4) Once you verify the site you should see a green check mark and a message that says “Congratulations, you have successfully verified your ownership of your site”
5) Follow the steps below to give us access to your Webmaster Tools account.
When you work with a digital marketing consultant or agency, they will often ask for access to your Google Webmaster Tools account. Here’s how to quickly give them access to your account.
2) For the site you want to share, look to the right and click the Manage Site drop down menu
3) Select Add or Remove Users
4) Click the big red ADD A NEW USER button in the upper right
5) You’ll see the Add a new user popup. Type the email address of the person you’r giving acces to into the field.
6) Select Full from the drop down menu to the right of the email address field.
7) Click Add and you’re all done.