If you are going to be working with an inbound marketing agency or any other vendor who helps with digital marketing strategy, you will be asked to share access to your Google Analytics account.
Google has planned for this so it’s fairly easy to set up account sharing in Google Analytics.
Let’s walk through the steps to giving access to your Google Analytics account.
1) Log into your Google Analytics account.
2) Click on the Admin tab in the center of the top of the screen.
3) Make sure the website you’re sharing access to is selected in the PROPERTY drop down menu. If it is not displayed, select it.
4) Click on User Management under PROPERTY.
5) You’ll see the screen shown below.
6) You’ll see a field labeled “Add permissions for” toward the bottom.
7) Type the email address of the person you want to share your Google Analytics with in that field.
8) Under the permissions drop down to the right make sure that Edit, Collaborate and Read & Analyze are checked.
9) Check the box that says “Notify this user by email.”
10) Click the Add button.
So there you have it. The simple steps that will allow you to share your Google Analytics account with someone else.